I have an affidavit of heirship and a death certificate. Is this enough to get bank to release moms records in Tx?

Euless, TX |

Can I take Affidavit of heirship, and death certificate to the bank in order to access my
deceased mothers bank records so that I can see what she was doing prior to her death in Texas?

It should be enough to get you the balance of what's in the account if the affidavit of heirship establishes you as the only heir. It will not get you what happened prior to her death.

In practice, it's up to the bank. The banks usually won't accept them, as it creates liability for the bank. If you really want to find out what happened, then you would have to apply for letters testamentary (if she had a will) or letters of administration (if she did not have a will.) These procedures will allow you to step into your mother's shoes and do anything she could do, such as ordering bank account records, etc.

Wills and estates topics