I have an addresses in two different states, which am I a resident of when filing taxes?

Asked over 1 year ago - Spokane, WA

I became unemployed fall of 2012, and I moved in with a family member and changed my license and address to that "home" address/state, as well as my vehicle registration and insurance and some bills. I still am occasionally visiting "home" and have full intentions of permenantly returning some day, just uncertain when exactly.
I have been staying here in WA with another relative for a couple months now, and I use this address for billing and forwarded correspondence, and have recieved state benefits, and as of end of FEB. 2013 I will begin working part time here.
Do I HAVE to change my residency again?? Or can I remain a "visitor" with work privelages??
I know I have to pay taxes regardless but which state do I claim it in?

1. Brian Joseph Munson

1

Answered . I think you can use your original home state, since you have intentions of returning. One of the tests is a permanent move without intention of returning.