I have an addresses in two different states, which am I a resident of when filing taxes?

Spokane, WA |

I became unemployed fall of 2012, and I moved in with a family member and changed my license and address to that "home" address/state, as well as my vehicle registration and insurance and some bills. I still am occasionally visiting "home" and have full intentions of permenantly returning some day, just uncertain when exactly.
I have been staying here in WA with another relative for a couple months now, and I use this address for billing and forwarded correspondence, and have recieved state benefits, and as of end of FEB. 2013 I will begin working part time here.
Do I HAVE to change my residency again?? Or can I remain a "visitor" with work privelages??
I know I have to pay taxes regardless but which state do I claim it in?

1. I think you can use your original home state, since you have intentions of returning. One of the tests is a permanent move without intention of returning.

This answer does not establish an attorney-client relationship, Moreover, this attorney is Licensed to practiced law ONLY in LOUISIANA and answers to questions from other jurisdictions or states are meant to provide only general information. Users should contact a local attorney in their jurisdiction or state.