Skip to main content

I have an "order to appear to show cause if any, why you should not be punished for contempt of court", anyway around this?

Provo, UT |

I got a ticket in Utah and the lawyer I hired got me a Plea in Abeyance, I got another speeding ticket before the probation period was up and now I have this letter that says I need to appear to show cause of why I should not be punished for contempt of court. What do I do with this? I don't want the ticket on my record and I obviously don't want to got to jail. Any suggestions?

Attorney Answers 1


Take the OSC to your ticket lawyer and ask what to do. You definitely don't want to blow this off, because judges don't like it when you do that. You may find yourself arrested and cooling your heels in jail faster than you can say "habeas corpus."

Mark as helpful

1 lawyer agrees

Criminal defense topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics