I have also received a call from Provident Financial International, LLC requesting I sell my timeshare. Is this a scam?

Pottstown, PA |

I was asked to signed a letter of intent with a 6% commission fee to sell my timeshare. Not once did they mention that I also have to pay a 10% assignment fee BEFORE they will send my wire transfer to pay for the timeshare. I have now been sent to DB Escrow, LLC (their website is under construction!) and have been asked to send the 10% "assignment fee" wire transfer to their Mexican Bank, Servicios Polibibli. I tried 2 bank transfers and neither the bank nor the account number worked. I have now been asked to send the 10% wire transfer thru a Wells Fargo or First Niagra account. Is this a scam and how do I get out of it?

Don't send anything further!!! You should call the Pennsylvania Attorney General's office to get them to act quickly on your behalf. People like this fly with the wind and you need to get them while the trail is hot.

http://www.attorneygeneral.gov/complaints.aspx?id=451

The foregoing is not legal advice nor is it in any manner whatsoever meant to create or impute an attorney/client relationship.

2. Anything that asks for wired money, especially to a foreign bank, is a scam. Don't do it.

Avvo doesn't pay us for these responses, and I'm not your lawyer just because I answer this question or respond to any follow-up comments. If you want to hire me, please contact me. Otherwise, please don't expect a further response. We need an actual written agreement to form an attorney-client relationship. I'm only licensed in CA and you shouldn't rely on this answer, since each state has different laws, each situation is fact specific, and it's impossible to evaluate a legal problem without a comprehensive consultation and review of all the facts and documents at issue.

3. SCAM. Don't do it. They will take your money and give you NOTHING.

I am an Attorney-at-Law, licensed to practice law only in the state of California. Unless we have both signed a formal retainer agreement, you are not my client, and my discussion of issues does not constitute legal advice. Opinions expressed herein are those of the author, and do not necessarily represent the opinions of those who hold other opinions.