Skip to main content

I have already filled my I-129 petition for a K-1 fiance visa ,my question ,whats the process for obtaining a visa for her son

Lihue, HI |

I have already filled my I-129 petition for a K-1 fiance visa ,my question ,whats the process for obtaining a visa for her son,I know she will now go for a visa interview , but what is the process for the child ,

i need to know if there are other forms I need to have in place ,, I am a poor person trying to take two people that are less fortune it then myself to better life , i have have very little money to spend except what its going to take for all the filling fees and travel fees , i cannot afford to pay anyone ,thats why i am asking for your help

Attorney Answers 3

  1. Child can apply for a K-4 at the same time at the consulate

    This answer is provided for general education purposes only and is not intended to provide, nor does it provide, any legal advice.   By viewing this answer you understand and expressly agree that there is no attorney-client relationship between you and the attorney who authored the answer.  Should you need legal advice, please contact a licensed attorney who practices in this area.  Readers of this answer and the information contained herein should not act upon any information contained in this answer without seeking legal counsel.

  2. Did you know that you have to make more than $23,862 to be able to sponsor two people?

    You will find that a consultation with an immigration attorney will save you lots of time and money.

    If you are low income go here: or

    PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.

  3. I agree with my colleagues. Consult with an Immigration attorney in your area.

    Att. number 917-885-2261 This advice does not create an attorney client relationship. No specific legal advice may be offered by the lawyer until a conflicts check is undertaken. Information sent through a web form or via email may not be treated as confidential. Please accept my apologies for spelling mistakes. Law Office of Alena Shautsova , New York Immigration Attorney Blog:

Immigration topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics