I have accepted job offer, but have expired Green Card, but have a social security card & CA ID. Can they revoke the offer?

Asked about 1 year ago - Los Angeles, CA

Permanent Resident Status
Green Card Expired 08/2013
They asked for my Alien Registration Number and I provided it.
Provided valid Social Security card and California ID

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Giacomo Jacques Behar


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . It's up to the employer. That would be stupid on their part, for a green card is only the proof of one's lawful permanent residency, but not the residency itself. Can be renewed any time, unless in conditional status. Immediately file for renewal on Form I-90 and show filing receipt. If on conditional status in the aftermath of a marriage-based green card, then your I-751 receipt is the proof that your now expired green card has been extended by one year and that employment is authorized.

    Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that... more
  2. Maria J. Marty


    Contributor Level 17


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . They could but why would they? You are a LPR and have two forms of ID that satisfy I-9 requirements. If this is actually happening (as opposed to you worrying about it!) then have an attorney call them.

    Due to the nature of this forum, I often do not have all the information required to provide legal advice.... more
  3. Altin Nanaj


    Contributor Level 13


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Consult an attorney in person. You can file to renew GC if you had a 10 year one. If you had a 2 year one that expired you need to talk to an attorney asap.

Related Topics


If you want to visit or move permanently to the US, you'll want to learn about your different immigration options.

Green cards

A green card is a legal document which provides proof that the owner is a lawful permanent resident of the United States.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

31,491 answers this week

3,440 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

31,491 answers this week

3,440 attorneys answering