Skip to main content

I have a writ of possession order against me how do I appeal.

Nashua, NH |

I am in a Landlord/Tenant matter which is not money related and I did not meet the 7 day appeal time for filing an appeal to the Supreme court do I any other recourse? Can this matter be appealed to the Superior or Federal Courts before the writ of possession is executed? I believe the court has sent the writ to the plaintiff and I dont have much time to file for an injunction to STAY this execution.

Attorney Answers 1

  1. In many states, yes, on a writ of possession the tenant can appeal to the court, therefore staying in the rental property longer than the normal term. See .RULES OF THE DISTRICT COURTS OF THE STATE OF NEW HAMPSHIRE

    You need a lawyer. Check with a lawyer in your locale to discuss more of the details. You might find my Legal Guide helpful "Ethics: Yes I Need a Lawyer!"

    Trying to do an appeal is very complex and there are strict deadlines. Get an attorney on your side.

    Good luck to you.

    God bless.

    NOTE: This answer is made available by the out-of-state lawyer for educational purposes only. By using or participating in this site you understand that there is no attorney client privilege between you and the attorney responding. This site should not be used as a substitute for competent legal advice from a licensed professional attorney that practices in the subject practice discipline and with whom you have an attorney client relationship along with all the privileges that relationship provides. The law changes frequently and varies from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. The information and materials provided are general in nature, and may not apply to a specific factual or legal circumstance described in the question.

Real estate topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics