I have a workman comp injury and have completed the 312 exam my new advocate is also a lawyer do I need to hire a lawyer?

Bangor, ME |

since my advocate is also a lawyer I am wondering if I need to hire a lawyer to assure the most positive and fair outcome of my case, ie: past and future medical bills paid and reimbursement for bills I have paid. paid time for future surgery, fair settlement amount etc

Who does the advocate work for? A lawyer's interest in a Worker's Compensation case is aligned with yours. They want to maximize your case value because that will increase the amount that they receive in kind. I would call around to discuss your matter with lawyers in your area. Please search avvo.com.

Attorney David Snyder is licensed to practice in the State of New York where he operates the Snyder Law Firm located at 6876 Buckley Rd., Liverpool, NY with a web address of www.snyderlf.com and www.syracuseworkerscomp.com. Mr. Snyder’s answers are intended to assist legal consumers in obtaining the most accurate information possible and to find the most appropriate lawyer when necessary. In no way can any of his answers be construed as legal advice without being retained and having all relevant information available to him.

Who appointed your advocate? Is she knowledgable? Invested in your problem?

I was assigned an advocate by the workman's comp advocate division , The first advocate I was assigned has left her position and I have now been assigned to a new one which IIwas told is also a lawyer, I have not met with her yet but do have a telephone appt with her in one month. I have no idea is she is knowledgeable but do know she is a fairly new graduate.