I have a workman comp injury and have completed the 312 exam my new advocate is also a lawyer do I need to hire a lawyer?

Asked 5 months ago - Bangor, ME

since my advocate is also a lawyer I am wondering if I need to hire a lawyer to assure the most positive and fair outcome of my case, ie: past and future medical bills paid and reimbursement for bills I have paid. paid time for future surgery, fair settlement amount etc

Attorney answers (2)

  1. David Brian Snyder


    Contributor Level 15


    Best Answer
    chosen by asker

    Answered . Who does the advocate work for? A lawyer's interest in a Worker's Compensation case is aligned with yours. They want to maximize your case value because that will increase the amount that they receive in kind. I would call around to discuss your matter with lawyers in your area. Please search avvo.com.

    Attorney David Snyder is licensed to practice in the State of New York where he operates the Snyder Law Firm... more
  2. Alan James Brinkmeier

    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . Who appointed your advocate? Is she knowledgable? Invested in your problem?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

29,634 answers this week

3,255 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

29,634 answers this week

3,255 attorneys answering