I have a work permit and it has been expired for 11 years now can I Renewed it. And what can I do to renewed it?

Asked 11 months ago - Bronx, NY

I came to the USA on a work permit from my country which is Barbados.I was in Florida before I came to new York.I intend a green card lottery.And now I have a 3year old daughter who I have to provide for my question is what can I do to get my green card to work here legally?

1. Carl Michael Shusterman

Pro

4

Answered . To get a green card, you need to explore the various options: through marriage, relatives, employment, investment, etc. If you are not in legal status, this may be very difficult. Please see

2. Ili J. Subhan

Pro

1

Answered . In order for you to be eligible for a green card or legal permanent resident status in the U.S., you will need a family based sponsor or an employment based sponsor. Consult with an immigration attorney who will discuss the specifics of your case with you in greater detail and explore all the possible options available to you.

3. Kevin Lawrence Dixler

Pro

1

Answered . The USCIS likely denied the visa lottery based adjustment, but you may want to have someone inquire and do a Freedom of Information Act request for copies in your alien file. Perhaps, it was approved, but you didn't receive the notice. Your file may still be pending, but it should be denied if it was not closed out and approved before October 1 after you filed for adjustment.

You should seek an appointment with a competent and experienced immigration attorney. Good luck.

This is general information, not legal advice, and does not create an attorney client relationship.