I have a warrant for probation violation misdemeanor in Colorado but live in ca . Will cool extradite me ?

Asked over 1 year ago - Sun City, CA

I have a 10 , 000 dollar bond and a probation violation . I live in Cali but was visiting my mom and got pulled over for driving with no silence . I want to take care of this but cant afford to fly to Colorado until this summer . Will Colorado extradite me for this ? I have a full time job and a young kiddo and don't want to be put in jail and held to be extradited for obvious reasons . I am not trying to avoid this , just trying to be realistic . Its a misdemeanor probation violation .

1. Gayle Anne-Marie Gutekunst

3

Answered . I strongly suggest you post this in the area for Colorado lawyers. The way you do this is to find the Criminal Defense practice area. Further down it asks you for your city and state. Put in the city in Colorado where you are facing the probation violation, and the state of Colorado. AVVO will direct it to Colorado criminal defense lawyers.

2. Seth Andrew Weinstein

3

Answered . Colorado criminal defense attorneys will have a much better idea because it is up to Colorado. California normally does not seek extradition from other states when one is arrested (ex: Person pulled over in New Jersey has a 10K warrant in Los Angeles). It is unlikely Colorado extradites for such small charges.

Seth Weinstein, Esq.
    Practicing throughout Southern California
    (310) 707-7131
    www.sethweinsteinlaw.com

3. Michael Douglas Shafer

3

Answered . You need a Colorado attorney yesterday. Check on this website, but talk to counsel there.