Skip to main content

I have a warrant for my arrest if I go to the court house to start a payment plan will they arrest me

Arlington, TX |
Filed under: Criminal defense

The warrant is failure to take care of financial responsibility

Attorney Answers 3


Call the court and ask the clerk what their policy is. Many courts have a policy of not arresting people who come in to take care of business. But you should call to make sure before you try that option. Also, typically if you have a failure to appear warrant, the court will require you to post the full amount of the ticket as bond if you intend to take your case to court. A traffic ticket attorney could go to court for you and negotiate a resolution for you--e.g., a reduced fine that you might be able to afford. But the court will almost always require you pay the agreed fine and court costs before recalling the warrant. You might try calling some traffic lawyers in Arlington / Ft. Worth area to see what they can do for you.

The information provided by this attorney is for general guidance only, and is not to be considered as advice specific to any particular person, legal matter, or case. For specific advice regarding any legal question or matter, you are encouraged to consult a qualified attorney in the appropriate jurisdiction. If you wish to consult with Mr. Little regarding your legal matter, you may contact him at (888) 404-0777.

Mark as helpful

5 lawyers agree

1 comment



Its not a failure to appear n court its a failure to pay the ticket I was given


That does not quite make sense. If you were not convicted, then the warrant is for a failure to appear in court. I agree with the suggestion you call the court. If indeed you have been convicted, you may not be able to make a payment plan at this time - it may be too late. If it is for a failure to appear and a ticket, hire a local lawyer who handles traffic matters as they are likely to be able to get you a better deal.

Cynthia Henley

Mark as helpful

3 lawyers agree


If you just pay that ticket off, it will be a conviction. Convictions for no insurance tickets affect your driving record. If at all possible, you should hire a ticket attorney to post an attorney bond to lift the warrant. Ticket attorneys don't charge much to do this. If you've gotten insurance, the attorney can at least get you deferred to prevent the conviction and can get the fine reduced. This is a much smarter way to spend your money at this point.

Macy Jaggers's answer to a legal question on Avvo does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Ms. Jaggers offers everyone a free consultation to discuss their case. Feel free to call her office at 214-365-9800 to make an appointment (phones are answered 24 hours) or visit her website at for more information about her services and recent victories.

Mark as helpful

3 lawyers agree

Criminal defense topics

Recommended articles about Criminal defense

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics