I have a warrant for my arrest for not showing up to a court date, which I totally forgot,what can i do to get it recalled?

See, I was suppose to pay a fine for a former job, but I never had the money to pay it off. I've been trying to look for a job, but like always it fails. I've been living in a shelter, so I kind of lose track of time. I called the clerks office and they told me to come in on tuesday morning to be put on the "add-on" list. I don't know what that means, but I heard that it depends on who ever the clerk is, they decide on what to do. Either make a financial arrangement or send me straight to jail. I don't want to go to jail for 18 months. What can I do to get my warrant recalled? I had a public defender that hardly helped me out, if I call him and talk to him about my warrant, can he try and help me out on tuesday? Or no?

San Francisco, CA -

Gilberto Benito Vega

Gilberto Benito Vega

Criminal Defense Attorney - Sacramento, CA

The quickest way to get it resolved is to ask the clerk of the court to place the matter on calendar and then request the judge recall the warrants when you go before them. While you can do this yourself, this may seem daunting and it will be easier to have an attorney present with you. Good luck.

Michael Douglas Shafer

Michael Douglas Shafer

Criminal Defense Attorney - Norco, CA

Have the clerk put the matter on calendar and ask the court to recall the warrant.

Kevin Samuel Sullivan

Kevin Samuel Sullivan

DUI / DWI Attorney - San Francisco, CA

Hire a lawyer to put the matter back on calendar and ask that they recall the warrant. Good luck.

Related Advice