Skip to main content

I have a warrant for my arrest due to unpaid court fine for misdemeanor dui from almost 2 years ago

Jacksonville, FL |

I have the money now, what is the best way to take care of this and am i looking at jail time, if so how much?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 5


Contact a local criminal defense attorney that can help walk you through the process. Now that a warrant has been issued, there will be additional fines and possible charges associated with your failure to appear before.

Good luck.


You can contact the clerks office and attempt to set a court date for you case. If you have everything paid before you go to court, there is a good chance your case would just be set aside. In some cases you might have to schedule a court date through the Judges office. You might be able to avoid the expense of an attorney if the warrant can be withdrawn by setting a court date and paying your fine.


For assistance in checking your court file and getting this behind you, give my office a call. I can provide a free consult and it may help put your mind at ease. If you require my services, I'll provide a fair quote. Good luck.

(904) 421-6901

Scott David Levy

Scott David Levy


Contact an attorney and he can put you on the court calendar to potentially recall your warrant.


Paying the amount due is what you must do to give you the best chance of getting out of the doo doo created by your not taking care of the court fine.

The smell will go away more quickly and more completely the sooner you pay.


A motion should be filed directly with the judge who issued the warrant. That way the warrant may be set aside and your attorney (or you and your atttorney) can appear in front of the judge and hope to avoid jail. You should contact a local attorney here in town.

Criminal defense topics

Recommended articles about Criminal defense

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer