I have a warrant for my arrest and I am a student, could I get a ankle bracelet so I can go to school and not be in jail?

Asked 9 months ago - Littleton, CO

I got a DWAi a year ago and I have not complied with my probation like I should have. I start school in January and don't want to miss any school because of jail.

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Daniel P. Gerash

    Contributor Level 7


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . It is possible depending on your circumstances. You should call an attorney to assist.

  2. Amy Travin

    Contributor Level 6


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . I would need a lot more information in order to answer this question. Have you spoken with your probation officer about what they want to do to you? Have you ever been brought to the courts before for not complying with probation? Is this your first offense of DUI/DWAI?
    You should at least call an attorney for a consultation on your issue - if not just hire one to represent you at the hearing.

    Disclaimer: Provision of the foregoing response does not create an attorney-client relationship, does not... more
  3. Robert Gerald Werking


    Contributor Level 10


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . As noted by others, the answer is yes - it is possible. You should speak with an attorney as soon as possible to make arrangements to resolve the warrant and assist with the probation revocation.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

26,451 answers this week

2,941 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

26,451 answers this week

2,941 attorneys answering