I have a warrant for my arrest and I am a student, could I get a ankle bracelet so I can go to school and not be in jail?

Littleton, CO |

I got a DWAi a year ago and I have not complied with my probation like I should have. I start school in January and don't want to miss any school because of jail.

1. It is possible depending on your circumstances. You should call an attorney to assist.

2. I would need a lot more information in order to answer this question. Have you spoken with your probation officer about what they want to do to you? Have you ever been brought to the courts before for not complying with probation? Is this your first offense of DUI/DWAI?
    You should at least call an attorney for a consultation on your issue - if not just hire one to represent you at the hearing.

Disclaimer: Provision of the foregoing response does not create an attorney-client relationship, does not constitute legal advice, and should not be relied upon because the response is based upon the limited facts provided and it is impossible to meaningfully evaluate any legal problem without a thorough review of the pertinent facts and law which applies to the matter.

3. As noted by others, the answer is yes - it is possible. You should speak with an attorney as soon as possible to make arrangements to resolve the warrant and assist with the probation revocation.