I have a warrant for my arrest (infraction ticket) . and i have a court date coming up for a 2nd dui

Santa Clarita, CA |

if i go in court for my arrignment for my 2nd dui, and i have a warrant out for my arrest. can they hold me in jail for my warrant? or will they focos on my dui hearing first. i'm not sure if i have a warrant out but i think i do. when i got caught for my 2n dui. i just spent 1 night at the tank jail cell and released in the morning due to my dui arrest. wouldnt i have stayed in longer if i had a warrant/benchwarrant?

Infraction tickets don't produce arrest warrants. The court won't arrest you at your hearing,

Contributions on AVVO.com in no way create an attorney-client relationship nor are they intended to be relied upon as a course of action without having first consulted directly with an attorney, where the specific facts and circumstances of your case can be fully discussed.

thank you for your respond, greatly appreciate it.

if there is a warrant there is a good chance they will connect the dots but I don't see how a petty traffic ticket would result in a warrant.

For an infraction, they won't necessarily arrest you. But if they connect I with you at your hearing (if it is out of the same county), then they will bring it up and have you deal with it then.

Any information provided through Avvo.com in response to a question is not, and cannot be considered a formation of any Attorney-Client relationship. Questioner understands that the nature of this system allows only for a cursory review of case information, and more detailed information should not be divulged in this public forum. As such, Questioner is recommended to contact an Attorney in order to discuss the full details of their case and a more specific advisement of potential rights and liabilities.

hi, my infraction was from Eaglerock area in los angeles. and my 2nd dui was in beverly hills not sure if thats the same county?

sorry im confused so. if my infraction ticket was from a different county then they will bring it up? or if its in the same county where i got my 2nd dui

Matthew Murillo

Matthew Murillo

Yes, I believe it is all LA county. And yes, if both arose in the same county, then the court will likely bring up the infraction when you go to court for the DUI. If, for example, the DUI is LA county and the infraction was Riverside, the Court might bring up the infraction, but they would likely just tell you to go deal with it and leave it at that.

wait so if its in the same county? where i got my dui and infraction they will bring it up. & if its not in the same county they wont?

Matthew Murillo

Matthew Murillo

That is generally the way it works. Obviously, there are some day to day variations depending on the judge, but usually, that's a pretty good rule of thumb.

Get your warrant handled before you go to court. Its easily done once you run the warrant. If you dont know how to find the warrant we do. Feel free to give a ring.

Brian Michaels
Los Angeles DUI Attorney
www.socalcrimdefense.com
3109919179

If you were on probation for the 1st DUI, probation requires you to "obey all laws" there may also be alcohol restrictions as a result of your 1st DUI. If the infraction is alcohol related, it could violate your probation. Violation of probation is then an issue of concern. Meet with a lawyer who can go back and look at your caae history and get some professional advice. Manyy attorney's off free consultations.

DUI court topics