I have a warrant for my arrest (infraction ticket) . and i have a court date coming up for a 2nd dui

Asked almost 2 years ago - Santa Clarita, CA

if i go in court for my arrignment for my 2nd dui, and i have a warrant out for my arrest. can they hold me in jail for my warrant? or will they focos on my dui hearing first. i'm not sure if i have a warrant out but i think i do. when i got caught for my 2n dui. i just spent 1 night at the tank jail cell and released in the morning due to my dui arrest. wouldnt i have stayed in longer if i had a warrant/benchwarrant?

1. Matthew Murillo

Pro

9

Answered . For an infraction, they won't necessarily arrest you. But if they connect I with you at your hearing (if it is out of the same county), then they will bring it up and have you deal with it then.

2. Daniel C Grupenhagen

8

1

Answered . Infraction tickets don't produce arrest warrants. The court won't arrest you at your hearing,

3. Brian Russell Michaels

Pro

7

Answered . Get your warrant handled before you go to court. Its easily done once you run the warrant. If you dont know how to find the warrant we do. Feel free to give a ring.

Brian Michaels
    Los Angeles DUI Attorney
    www.socalcrimdefense.com
    3109919179

4. Susan Marie Hearne

Pro

7

Answered . If you were on probation for the 1st DUI, probation requires you to "obey all laws" there may also be alcohol restrictions as a result of your 1st DUI. If the infraction is alcohol related, it could violate your probation. Violation of probation is then an issue of concern. Meet with a lawyer who can go back and look at your caae history and get some professional advice. Manyy attorney's off free consultations.

5. Ted Harvatin

Pro

7

Answered . if there is a warrant there is a good chance they will connect the dots but I don't see how a petty traffic ticket would result in a warrant.