I have a video of a person attacking me and ordering their dog to attack me. public road. Is there any way video can be excluded

Asked over 1 year ago - Avon Park, FL

I was on the street in front of their house. I was not threatening and I did have a reason to be there (and power of attorney over a co-owner of the house). Is there any way the video can be excluded from evidence? He knew I was recording and even references the camera before attacking me. it was night time so the video is dark however it is obviously him and time/date/gps stamped. Does the right to film in public trump anything his attorneys may try and use to make the video inadmissible?

1. Heather Morcroft

2

Answered . There are rules of evidence that govern authenticating the video and getting it into evidence. You should have an attorney. The rules of evidence can be found in Chapters 90 and 92 of Florida statutes.

***Please be sure to mark if you find the answer "helpful" or a "best" answer. Thank you! I hope this helps. ******
  2. Robert Edward Fenster

Answered . Let the prosecutor worry about this. hire a personal injury lawyer, but the attack was intentional so there will be no insurance coverage available as intentional acts are excluded.

3. Dennis Morgan

1

Answered . The admissibility of the video depends on a lot of things, so we can't say without more info. However, if it is relevant and authentic and not misleading, it will probably be admissible. If you are a party in a lawsuit, you should hire a lawyer.