I have a tps and 2 Dui's convictions 1 in sept, 5 of 2005 and another one last december

Asked 12 months ago - Sacramento, CA

Today I received a letter saying that Im inteligible for a tps anymore for those 2 misdemeanors what should I do?

1. Mario Steven Zapata

3

Answered . Consult with an attorney to see if you have any alternative forms of relief available - NACARA, asylum, etc.

Good luck!

2. Thomas Joseph Baker

2

Answered . You might have options!

Were you informed of the possible immigration consequences when you plead guilty/no contest to the duis?

As stated by other counsel, there might be some other forms of relief available to you. Speak with a local immigration attorney (NO NOTARIOS).

You're gonna have to spend some money, but I'm sure we can both agree, it's worth it.

Thomas J. Baker
    Sacramento Immigration Attorney
    916-447-8975

3. Fankai Tseng

3

Answered . I agree with my colleague that second conviction for DUI made you in eligible for TPS. Generally speaking, a person with two or more misdemeanor convictions will not be eligible for TPS.

Depending on how you entered the United States and any previous immigration history you might have, you may have other immigration options available to you. As previously mentioned by my colleague in his post, knowing what options you might have requires you consulting with an immigration attorney. I recognize that cost is a concern for many persons positing questions here. If that's the case consider contacting public interest groups such as immigrant advocacy organizations or accessing the Immigration Court's "List of Free Legal Services" through the immigration court's website at: http://www.justice.gov/eoir/legalrepresentation...

Good luck and best wishes.

The information is not legal advice and informational only. No attorney client relationship should be construed.