I have a tenant has not paid rent for 4 months, how do i go about evict this tenant?

Asked 10 months ago - Philadelphia, PA

this tenant filed claim for not paying rent because the house has bed bugs, he paid the first 3 months, May and June, then July came he didn't answer our calls or answer the door when we came to the house, August he answer the call and said he is not moving out or pay rent, also i found unpaid water bill because it is under my name and i had to pay it to avoid penalty, it is now going on to the eighth months and this tenant still lives in my rental home, total i only received 3 months rent and 2 months security deposit, i also has legal counselor filed court order and grant the eviction on Oct 7, 2013, he is now still living at my rental home, on Nov 6 i have to appear in court to defend his claims that the house is not fixed, please help me

1. Samuel Cohen

3

Answered . Once the hearing of November 6 is done, if the Court finds in your favor, file a landlord tennant complaint in Municipal Court.

2. Joseph John Console

Pro

2

Answered . You were already granted the eviction, and the November 6th hearing is just to determine whether he owes you any money? Or did your tenant appeal the October 7th decision?

3. Michael Ian Werner

2

Answered . It sounds like you already have legal counsel. You should consult with your attorney to properly determine all of your rights and liabilities in relation to this tenant.

4. Kurt A. Blake

Answered . PA has a Supreme Court case from 1978 called Pugh vs. Holmes, that established that every residential lease has implied that the landlord will provide the tenant with a habitable residence, meaning it is protected from the elements, infestations, etc. Bed bugs is a difficult problem and I have litigate a number of these on behalf of landlords. Trying to show who caused the infestation can be the difficult problem.