I have a surrender date of Jan 3 at 6:00am. Do I need to report promptly at 6:00am? Will being late change my release date.

Newport Beach, CA |

First time offense
Strike/F assault & misdemeanor assault on cohabitant.
I'm 100lbs
I broke nose of civilian dressed officer - interrupted a fight with ex bf.
Sentence 180 days in Orange Co.

Follow the instructions given to you at the time if your sentence, but 6 am is an unusual report time. Most Orange County turn-in times are 7 pm.

To answer your question though... Being late would be a violation of the judge's order and a violation of your probation terms. You could face additional time in custody and/or be sentenced up to the maximum if you entered a Cruz waiver.

Talk to your lawyer to clarify your turn in time.

The above answer is for general information only and is based on the information you posted. Every case is fact dependent, so to get a thorough analysis of your situation, you will need to consult face to face with an attorney licensed to practice in the jurisdiction where the incident took place. Do not conclusively rely on any information posted online when deciding what to do about your case.

Attorney Dane is 100% correct. The time a judge gives you to report is the time you MUST report. failing to do so may, and likely will, result in additional penalties. Be there at 5:55.

If you are to report at 6am then being late could be treated as a probation violation which can have serious consequences. However, 6am is an unusual turn in time, you should check your court paperwork or call your lawyer for clarification.

Get there on time!

ANDREW ROBERTS CRIMINAL AND TRAFFIC TICKET DEFENSE ATTORNEY

Yes, you do need to report promptly, preferably beforehand. It never works out well for those who are late. Good luck.

The response above is not intended as legal advice since it’s impracticable to provide thorough, accurate advice based upon the query without additional details. It is highly recommended that one should seek advice from a criminal defense attorney licensed in your jurisdiction by setting up a confidential meeting. Moreover, this response does not constitute the creation of an attorney-client relationship since this message is not a confidential communication because it was posted on a public website, thereby publicly disclosing the information, which is another reason to setup a confidential meeting with an attorney.

Just be on time, then you do not need to worry.

My name is Stephen R. Cohen and have practiced since 1974. I practice in Los Angeles and Orange County, CA. These answers do not create an attorney client relationship. My answers may offend I believe in telling the truth, I use common sense as well as the law. Other state's laws may differ.. There are a lot of really good attorneys on this site, I will do limited appearances which are preparation of court documents it is , less expensive. However generally I believe an attorney is better than none.