Skip to main content

I have a strategy for collecting the proper amount of child support, but I don't know the angle or the exact form that I file

Rodeo, CA |

Child. support was calculated by guidelines. BUT father is completely hiding one job, and claims a straight wage (does NOT report any tip income at all). I am certain that "father" makes well over $100 in tips daily. So far, he has gotten away with this. Orders were just handed down with guideline support, and the majority of his income is not being claimed. I can prove that he makes tips, by subpoenaing his employers credit card daily transactions. How do I ask for these documents in court?

Attorney Answers 2


You do not ask for the Subpoena in court. You have a subpoena issued with a request to the work. If you have an attorney, they can help you with this. If you do not have an attorney, you will have to have your subpoena issued by the court clerk. The proper form is Subp-010.

Mark as helpful

1 found this helpful

2 lawyers agree

1 comment



Thanks for the guidance.


Issuing subpoenas can become fraught with technical issues such as time limits, notifying multiple persons (e.g. if you want to subpoena employee records, you need to notice the employee before the subpoena is served), etc. If you believe it will make a meaningful difference in the support, you should consult with an attorney to ensure everything is done correctly.

This answer is provided for general informational purposes only and is not offered as and should not be treated as legal advice. This answer also does not create any attorney-client relationship. Every situation is different and you are urged to consult with an attorney.

Mark as helpful

1 found this helpful

2 lawyers agree

Child support topics

Recommended articles about Child support

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics