I have a step mother that is a doctor and she told my dad every thing i told her, In her office and all the meds i was geting

Asked about 2 years ago - Hazard, KY

I thought every thing i told her was keep private, and I never go around my father he's nothing but a criminal but one night he left 4 threatning vociemails which i have recorded and charges filed and a EPO because he is on drugs and scares me to death..He has also been convicted on phone harssament before.. But can i sue her for telling what was told to her in private??

1. Lars A. Lundeen

Pro

Answered . I see that you filed this question under "HIPAA rights". Unfortunately the federal HIPAA statute does not provide you with a private cause of action against your stepmother . What are your specific damages? You certainly are free to file a complaint with the state medical Board concerning your doctor's behavior.

Legal Disclaimer:

If this information has been helpful, please indicate below.

Mr. Lundeen is licensed to practice law in Florida and Vermont. The response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question. Oftentimes the question does not include significant and important facts and timelines that, if known, could significantly change the reply and make it unsuitable. Mr. Lundeen strongly advises the questioner to confer with an attorney in your state in order to ensure proper advice is received.