Skip to main content

I have a social security number, can I work in the U.S. with a P1 visa

Tucson, AZ |
Filed under: Employment

I wanna know If I can work in USA with type visa P1 because I have my social security?

Attorney Answers 1


Having a social security number does not authorize a foreigner to work in the U.S., the visa or Employment Authorization Document (EAD) does. P-1 Visas are for individuals who is are internationally recognized professional athletes or members of an entertainment group. The P-1 visa holder is authorized to work or perform only as described in his or her P-1 visa application and only for or on behalf of the P-1 visa petitioner.

Mark as helpful

1 found this helpful

Employment topics

Recommended articles about Employment

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics