I have a social security number, can I work in the U.S. with a P1 visa

Asked about 5 years ago - Tucson, AZ

I wanna know If I can work in USA with type visa P1 because I have my social security?

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Susan Kyong-Lee Pai

    Contributor Level 8

    Answered . Having a social security number does not authorize a foreigner to work in the U.S., the visa or Employment Authorization Document (EAD) does. P-1 Visas are for individuals who is are internationally recognized professional athletes or members of an entertainment group. The P-1 visa holder is authorized to work or perform only as described in his or her P-1 visa application and only for or on behalf of the P-1 visa petitioner.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

24,770 answers this week

2,938 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

24,770 answers this week

2,938 attorneys answering