I have a slip and fall case going on right now.

Follansbee, WV |

I am finding it difficult to get any answers. I have a really good attorney who is so busy, I am afraid my case takes a back seat. I slipped and fell due to terrible conditions, no lighting, horrible ground conditions. My lip split in half (literally) and required 7 stiches. I can live with the scar but what is really hard to deal with is I have lost feeling in my lip and it is still very stiff and has no feeling. It has been a year and half now. I can not go without chapstick and in the winter it feels like it is freezing up from the lack of feeling. My medical bills were approc 5k. What do you think this case is worth? Thanks,

No lawyer is, or should be, to busy to speak with and/or meet with clients on a regular basis. Even if busy with a trial for example, support staff should be able to assist. Meet with your attorney and have this conversation. Bottom line: You need to comfortable and confident in your attorney's ability and desire to get you "what is reasonable compensation". Good luck.

Personal injury cases only; I'm good at it; you be the Judge! All information provided is for informational and educational purposes only. No attorney client relationship has been formed or should be inferred. Please speak with a local and qualified attorney. I truly wish you and those close to you all the best. Jeff www.nyelderinjurylaw.com

It sounds like you do have confidence in your attorney, as you said he or she is a really good attorney. Most of the really good attorneys are busy. Simply call, email, or write to him and ask for a quick telephone or in person case review to go over your case.

What your case is worth is between you and your attorney. There are so many factors to consider, we could not even begin to go over them all. For example, what is the venue, who is the Judge, who is the Defendant, do you need future medical treatment, I could go on and on.

Good luck to you.

The information above is for informational purposes only, is not intended as legal advice, and does not create an attorney/client relationship.

“seventeen years ago, the editors of the Northwestern
University Law Review made a wise decision. They accepted for
publication an article—Valuing Life and Limb in Tort: Scheduling Pain and-
Suffering—which has become one of the most important pieces concerning
pain-and-suffering damages in the legal literature.
Nothing much has changed since BSB’s seminal paper. Pain-and suffering
awards seem to continue to make up approximately fifty percent
of total awards, at least in some areas of personal injury cases. Juries,
judges, lawyers, lawmakers, and academics still struggle with the same dilemma
BSB tackled: what is the best way to adequately compensate tort
victims for the noneconomic harms they incur? In many ways, BSB’s paper
is as relevant today as it was then. In the tort system, jurors are given
vague instructions to “reasonably compensate” the plaintiff for noneconomic
losses. They are told that the only real measuring stick they can
employ is their “collective enlightened conscience.” So the answer is unclear and is usually a multiple of your medical bills lost wages , inability to do what you could before and future costs.

The materials available at this web site are for informational purposes only and not for the purpose of providing legal advice. You should contact your attorney to obtain advice with respect to any particular issue or problem. Use of and access to this Web site or any of the e-mail links contained within the site do not create an attorney-client relationship between Howard Roitman, Esq. and the user or browser. The opinions expressed at or through this site are the opinions of the individual author and may not reflect the opinions of the firm or any individual attorney.