I have a slip and fall case going on right now.

Asked about 2 years ago - Follansbee, WV

I am finding it difficult to get any answers. I have a really good attorney who is so busy, I am afraid my case takes a back seat. I slipped and fell due to terrible conditions, no lighting, horrible ground conditions. My lip split in half (literally) and required 7 stiches. I can live with the scar but what is really hard to deal with is I have lost feeling in my lip and it is still very stiff and has no feeling. It has been a year and half now. I can not go without chapstick and in the winter it feels like it is freezing up from the lack of feeling. My medical bills were approc 5k. What do you think this case is worth? Thanks,

1. Jeffrey Mark Adams

3

Answered . No lawyer is, or should be, to busy to speak with and/or meet with clients on a regular basis. Even if busy with a trial for example, support staff should be able to assist. Meet with your attorney and have this conversation. Bottom line: You need to comfortable and confident in your attorney's ability and desire to get you "what is reasonable compensation". Good luck.

2. Sheadyn Reaves Rogers

3

Answered . It sounds like you do have confidence in your attorney, as you said he or she is a really good attorney. Most of the really good attorneys are busy. Simply call, email, or write to him and ask for a quick telephone or in person case review to go over your case.

What your case is worth is between you and your attorney. There are so many factors to consider, we could not even begin to go over them all. For example, what is the venue, who is the Judge, who is the Defendant, do you need future medical treatment, I could go on and on.

Good luck to you.

3. Howard Robert Roitman

Answered . “seventeen years ago, the editors of the Northwestern
    University Law Review made a wise decision. They accepted for
    publication an article—Valuing Life and Limb in Tort: Scheduling Pain and-
    Suffering—which has become one of the most important pieces concerning
    pain-and-suffering damages in the legal literature.
    Nothing much has changed since BSB’s seminal paper. Pain-and suffering
    awards seem to continue to make up approximately fifty percent
    of total awards, at least in some areas of personal injury cases. Juries,
    judges, lawyers, lawmakers, and academics still struggle with the same dilemma
    BSB tackled: what is the best way to adequately compensate tort
    victims for the noneconomic harms they incur? In many ways, BSB’s paper
    is as relevant today as it was then. In the tort system, jurors are given
    vague instructions to “reasonably compensate” the plaintiff for noneconomic
    losses. They are told that the only real measuring stick they can
    employ is their “collective enlightened conscience.” So the answer is unclear and is usually a multiple of your medical bills lost wages , inability to do what you could before and future costs.