I have a slip and fall case. My lawyer keep saying the defend end keep post posting the arbritatation what should I do?

Asked about 1 year ago - East Orange, NJ

I was at my Barbara and I slip and fell down 15 steps I had to get surgery on my shoulder I had to get my cuffs rotated can I sue the lawyer I think he settled my case

1. Jeffrey Mark Adams

6

Best Answer

Answered . Postpones are not uncommon. The most important thing is to be sure that you have an attorney who is qualified to handle personal injury cases. Make sure this is what your lawyer does and that he/she has a proven track record. Ps. What makes you think the lawyer settled the case?

Pro

6

Answered . Call your lawyer for a status update

3. Yolanda Navarrete

5

Answered . If you have the docket number you can call the court and inquire as to the status of your case. If your case has been dismissed you may need to consult with a legal malpractice attorney.

4. David J. McCormick

6

Answered . Since your attorney knows the most about your case you need to call them and find out what is going on. Given people’s scheduling postponements do happen.

Call your attorney. Good luck.

5. Lars A. Lundeen

Pro

5

Answered . I suggest that you contact your attorney's office and schedule a face-to-face meeting with the attorney to review the current status of your claim.

Legal Disclaimer:

If this information has been helpful, please indicate below.

Mr. Lundeen is licensed to practice law in Florida and Vermont. The response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question. Oftentimes the question does not include significant and important facts and timelines that, if known, could significantly change the reply and make it unsuitable. Mr. Lundeen strongly advises the questioner to confer with an attorney in your state in order to ensure proper advice is received.

This ans. does not create an attorney/client relationship.
  6. David Ian Schoen

Pro

4

Answered . Ask for copies of all correspondence between your lawyers office, the defendant's lawyer's office and the arbitration body which requested and/or agreed to any adjournments. If your lawyer has no documentation you should make an appointment so that an explanation can be made and to satisfy any uncertainties that you may have.