I have a service agreement with on my car...the signed copied has 100,000 miles they say their copy has 48,000. Is my good?

Little Rock, AR |

my service agreement signed on closing of car sale was for 100,000 the warranty company said there copy shows 48,000. Can I take them to court? Will this be upheld?

1. You need to gather all the paperwork that you have regarding this issue and schedule an appointment with an attorney. Mistakes can happen during the excitement of buying or selling a car from either side, but ultimately it boils down to contract law and what the two parties actually agreed to.

2. I agree with Mr. Downum, this comes down to contract law. I think having a signed copy stating 100,000 miles will help your cause, but this will come down to the paperwork, not oral promises. If they are refusing to pay a claim, you may have real damages, and if that is the case, you need to contact a lawyer, or feel free to contact me so we can look at all the facts and get your situation taken care of.

This answer is a free service to you, and the general public based on limited facts specific only to your issue, and may not apply in every situation. To assure that your situation does not differ from the answer provided above, you should immediately consult a licensed attorney in your state with all the relevant facts and details regarding your specific concerns. Please note, this forum is not a place to communicate all the details, as this forum is public and it could limit your rights in the future. This is not an opinion under the Government Regulations contained in IRS Circular 230, which regulate written opinions about Federal tax matters. This is not such a written opinion, it is an other written communication, and was not written to be relied upon, by itself, to avoid any tax penalties. In order to receive assurances of protection from tax penalties from a written communication, you should get an opinion letter. If you would like to discuss an opinion letter relating to any matter, please contact me and I will explain what is involved and what it will cost.

Lemon law topics