I Have a Second Workers Comp Claim at my same job which my Injury does not prevent me from doing my work Performance.

Asked almost 2 years ago - Altamonte Springs, FL

Also i am doing my job under the Doctor Restrictions until am release. the Doctor also says that my injury does not effect my functions at work , But the problem i am having is that my employer says he can't acomodate me back to my job after the doctor release me at MMI. So i suspect he is going to let me go after this second claim which is why i don't want to sign a voluntary or general release, because the Ins Carrier has been calling me to settle without the doctor releasing me yet from my treatment.I need to know if i may have
any other cause of action if it seems to have merit, for Denial of Acomodation or Disability act, from my first injury which i have an Impairment & Permanent Restrictions from my first injury claim. I think i need i Good Lawyer

1. Dennis Alan Palso

Pro

4

Best Answer

Answered . You never have to settle and never have to sign a general civil release (which releases the employer from all legal claims such as employment discrimination, etc.). I cannot answer your other questions without more information. Whether or not you do want to consider settling, you should hire an experienced WC lawyer. There are several in the Orlando area. I know a couple excellent ones in Altamonte Springs who you can consult with for free and I recommend you do so. Contact me privately (toll free 888-577-0050) if you need more information.

2. Robert C. Alston

2

1

Answered . You are correct, you need to consult with a local workers' compensation attorney. Your situation has a lot of moving parts and can only be answered by talking to a local workers' compensation attorney.

3. Marcie L. Baker

2

1

Answered . Insurance companies LOVE to settle with an injured worker who doesn't have an attorney, because they know they can pay less and may be closing several potential claims. You definitely need to consult a workers' compensation attorney in your area. Even if you are not considering settlement right now, there are certain limitations that you need to understand.

4. George Ellis Corson IV

Pro

1

1

Answered . I agree that a Good WC Lawyer is your best move.

Attorneys are very competitive. Choose the Best Answer so we know who helped you the most.