I have a second probation violation for failed drug test. Should I ask my attorney to request house arrest for my last 3 mts?

Asked over 3 years ago - Jonesboro, GA

i have 3 months left on my probation and I can't afford to be in jail as I'm attending school and a job

1. Elmer H. Young III

Answered . If you have to ask your attorney what the next best step should be, you need another attorney! To be sure, every jurisdiction and even different court within a given jurisdiction have different policies. A second violation of probation a drug screen not somehow connected to some error, seems to indicate a secret , maybe hidden desire to be in jail. Have you discussed with anyone how you may just be using drugs or associating yourself with some drug environment as a means to the hidden goal. As a goal-oriented person, persistance in this pursuit will always result in success. But then, you could always change the goal?

2. Erick Masten Platten

Pro

1

Answered . Hello there,

You need to discuss having a LCDC Licensed Chemical Dependency Counselor perform an evaluation on you to have something to work with when you go back to court.

Fool me once shame on you... fool me twice shame on me. Courts don't like excuses.

Sincerely,

Erick Platten

PLATTEN LAW OFFICE
    304 WEST RUSK ST.
    TYLER, TEXAS 75701