I have a sauce on a menu at a restaurant and i asked them to take it off. they said no and made a death threat too can i sue

Lake Ozark, MO |

i was a cook at this restaurant for two years and we changed the menu and added the sauce. they fired me. i want to start my own business bottling this sauce and selling it to stores and restaurants. i went in there to kindly ask them to take it off the menu and they said no and made a death threat towards me.

If you added the sauce while working at a restaurant, you don't have the right to have them take it off the menu. You can sue for the death threat, but until you can prove the requisite level of damages, which is unlikely from a single incident, you may not recover. Remember, it's easy to sue. It's hard to make it through the trial and get a judgment.

Please note that I am answering this question as a service through Avvo but not as your attorney and no attorney-client relationship is established by this posting. An attorney-client relationship can only be established through signing a Fee Agreement and paying the necessary advanced fees.

Business topics

Recommended articles about Business