I have a room rented to a couple on a month to month verbal agreement, I want to evict them ... they fight constantly, with no

Asked over 1 year ago - Santa Ana, CA

regard to time of night/day, or to myself & other tenants... he recycles every thing & my yard & garage look like sandford & son

Attorney answers (2)

  1. Marcus William Morales

    Contributor Level 13

    Answered . I would recommend sitting down with a landlord-tenant attorney for a consult. More information is needed before determining a course of action. For example, if you have completed the steps to term them lodgers instead of tenants, the eviction process is not needed. If they are tenants and not lodgers, you will need to serve them with proper notice and a subsequent unlawful detainer lawsuit. Good luck with your case.

    Marcus W. Morales, Esq.
    Morales Law
    115 W. Mission Street
    Santa Barbara, CA 93101
    (805) 845-5405

    All content posted on marcusmoraleslaw.com and avvo.com is for educational purposes only and should not be relied... more
  2. Paul Francis Easlick

    Contributor Level 13

    Answered . Yes, serve them a 30-day notice if they have lived there less than a year or a 60-day if longer. Just make sure you know how to serve the notice and proceed after that.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

26,553 answers this week

2,979 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

26,553 answers this week

2,979 attorneys answering