I have a room rented to a couple on a month to month verbal agreement, I want to evict them ... they fight constantly, with no

Santa Ana, CA |

regard to time of night/day, or to myself & other tenants... he recycles every thing & my yard & garage look like sandford & son

I would recommend sitting down with a landlord-tenant attorney for a consult. More information is needed before determining a course of action. For example, if you have completed the steps to term them lodgers instead of tenants, the eviction process is not needed. If they are tenants and not lodgers, you will need to serve them with proper notice and a subsequent unlawful detainer lawsuit. Good luck with your case.

Marcus W. Morales, Esq.
Morales Law
115 W. Mission Street
Santa Barbara, CA 93101
(805) 845-5405

All content posted on and is for educational purposes only and should not be relied on as legal advice. Any information conveyed to, or by telephone to the Law Offices of Marcus W. Morales does not create an attorney-client relationship until an attorney-client fee agreement has been entered into and signed by both parties.

Yes, serve them a 30-day notice if they have lived there less than a year or a 60-day if longer. Just make sure you know how to serve the notice and proceed after that.

Landlord-tenant topics

Recommended articles about Landlord-tenant