Skip to main content

I have a restraining order keeping me from visiting my daughter.

Kent, WA |

my ex wife has placed a no contact order for taking the cell phone of my daughter. She is placed similar restraining, no contact, and CPS calls, which have all been unfounded, dismissed or without merit.

Attorney Answers 2


Can you re-post with a direct question? It sounds like a lot is going on in your case and you may want to just sit down with an attorney for an hour or two to go over the facts and your options.

Mark as helpful

1 found this helpful


It would be helpul to see a re-post with a specific question you want answered. At this time, I assume your question has to do with whether visitation is possible. Many Orders of Protection state "subject to a parenting plan in a paternity or divorce case." You need to look at the specific language in the restraining order. The existence of a restraining order may result in restrictions imposed against you in the parenting plan as to visitation and/or decision-making, but more would need to be known about the specifics of your case, what was alleged in the protection order case, and what the restraining order actually states to provide you with a more specific and on-point response. You should consult with an attorney and at the consultation share the specifics of your case. The specifics should not be discussed over the internet, as anything you say over this medium could be discoverable and admissible in court.

Karen C. Skantze practices in the State of Washington. The response is limited to her understanding of law in the jurisdiction in which she practices and not to any other jurisdiction. No response to any posted inquiry shall constitute legal advice, nor the existence of an attorney/client relationship.

Mark as helpful

Criminal defense topics

Recommended articles about Criminal defense

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics