I have a restraining order against me. Is trying to get into a facebook account a violation of my protection order?

Lakewood, CO |

My xwife has filled a police report against me saying that I tried to get into her facebook account. A detective called me in for a interview and accused me of trying to hack into her account. The police got a warrant for my arrest stating that I broke the restraining order. I thought that the restraining order is: no contact in any way. I did not contact her and did not do what they said I did. How could this be a violation of the protection order?

It sounds like you very well may have a defense. That will depend on the specific order you received and what allegations they are making in discovery.
This isn't something people should try to handle on their own. There are a lot of good criminal defense attorneys here on avvo who give free consultations so you can find one you are comfortable with and can afford. If paying for attorney isn't much of an option, you should apply for a public defender.
Good luck and feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

Lubchenco, Kendrick, & Baldridge, L.L.P. 720-644-6413. The information provided here does not create an attorney-client relationship. If you are interested in a free consultation, please contact us at 720-644-6413.

I agree with Mr. Lubchenco. You very well might have a highly defensible case. He is an excellent attorney and there are many other extremely competent attorneys here on Avvo- John Buckley, Rhidian Orr, etc. I think that all of us offer free initial consultations. Call around and set up an appointment and find someone who will be a good match.

The information provided in this answer does not create an attorney-client relationship. If you are interested in his legal services, feel free to call Chris at (303) 409-7635 at his law office in the Denver Tech Center. All initial consultations are free of charge.