I have a relative that left a will but the person wants me to send money to London before I go there to recieve my inheritance..

Asked over 1 year ago - Los Angeles, CA

the firm and bank that my uncle dealt with contacted me about his fatal car crash in London on bussiness.. left deed of Lodge, certificate of Deposit, and Death Certificate, the person from winchesterlamb_chambers wants me to send and pay 1/2 and he pays 1/2 for attorney to repesent me for my inheritance... in british pounds its 2million4hundred-thounsand pounds..which is 3.8million in USA dollars... i told him i could come to London and pay 1/2 upon meeting the attorney and himself,but wants me to send money first then come... what should I do???

1. Michael Raymond Daymude

Pro

7

Answered . I agree this reads like a Nigerian scam. I would be very surprised if this was legitimate. If you believe it may be, because you know the wealthy uncle who died, you should contact and have the approval of your own solicitor in the UK before part with a penny.

2. Richard Forrest Gould-Saltman

7

Answered . Sounds like a complete scam. There's NO reason that I can imagine that you'd need to send a cent before meeting with the attorney, so unless you can INDEPENDENTLY verify that these people are who they say they are, ignore 'em, or better yet, report 'em to the police.

3. Michael Charles Doland

6

Answered . You should be very cautious since it sounds like a scam. You need a Brit solicitor (lawyer) to contact these people to see if they're serious. Do not send any advance payment.

4. Robert Pecco Baker

3

Answered . So this lawyer is saying you have to retain him before meeting him? Really, what does that sound like to you? I suspect that this person has stolen the identity of a real British lawyer,and that the wire info that you are being given will not match up with the account of that firm. When you get to their office no one there will know anything about you. Call them and ask to speak to the person who supposedly called you- see what happens