I have a reckless endangerment charge with my second high level dui what is the likely hood of jail time?

Asked about 1 year ago - Bensalem, PA

i have a previous high level dui with a third case of dui pending both open cases involve property damage. one accident involved an injury to the other driver.

1. Michael Harris Fienman

11

Best Answer

Answered . You have been charged with serious crimes that carry stiff penalties; the DUI alone carries a mandatory minimum jail sentence. Penalties for reckless endangerment often depend on a variety of factors like the facts and circumstances which underlie the charge, prior record, etc.

You would be well advised to hire an attorney who, like me, has handled complex DUI matters similar to the situation described in your post. Only a licensed attorney can provide you with proper legal advice on this matter and ensure the most favorable outcome.

Thanks for your question and best of luck!

2. Aman M. Barber III

Pro

13

Answered . You need to contact a DUI attorney to review your situation.

3. Robert C. Keller

11

Answered . You are facing mandatory jail sentences for each case. There is strategy and legal knowledge needed here so it is imperative that you retain a criminal defense attorney with expertise in DUI cases.

4. Zachary Cooper

10

Answered . If this is your 2nd DUI then you will be looking at mandatory jail time between 5-90 days in jail. You could also be looking at jail time for the REAP. You should talk with and retain an attorney immediately who will be able to look over your case, answer any questions you have as well as go over all of your options including possible defenses.

5. Lidia L. Alperovich

Pro

10

Answered . If found guilty - 100%. I assume that charge of reckless endangerment accompanies your DUI

6. Anthony Michael Solis

Pro

7

Answered . There is a likelihood that you are in serious trouble and experienced counsel. That is a safe assumption. Go hire a good lawyer.

7. Michael Lawrence Doyle

Pro

2

Answered . There are mandatory minimums of 5 days (for .08-.16 OR a drug DUI if the 1st DUI was less than 10 years ago. So you will go to jail if convicted of the DUI. You need a good attorney to help you on this case.