I have a quick question. If security steals your property, and you grab it back after more security shows up. Does that

Asked over 1 year ago - Las Vegas, NV

Give them the right to detain you? I read in the state of Nevada security at hotel/casinos can detain someone for a misdemenor (which used to be a felony). But a misdemenor is anything classified of $100 or more. What if you told the other security guards that this other security officer has your belongings? And they kept telling you to "calm down" "its a misunderstanding". So they with that knew , that was your property. But after them not helping you , you grab it back out of the security guards hands and then are detained and assaulted and imprisoned. I was trying to read up on things, of false imprisonment and it is saying that security has the right to detain you if they think or see you committing the act of a misdemenor. Is that senario considered false imprisonment

1. Richard Edmund Hawkins

Pro

Answered . Where did you come up with this $!00 business? Stealing a penny would be a misdemeanor.

If that is the only basis for the detention being wrongful, there is nothing here.