I have a question regarding I-130

Claremore, OK |

In the Form I-130, there is a question number 20 in section C which states that "if filing for husband/wife, give last address where you lived together". I am a US citizen and filing for my husband who resides in Canada. We are married for 1 year. we never got the chance to stay together for longer time because of my study and the process of my citizenship this year in USA and my husband's job in Canada. we stayed together sevaral times for several periods. But even though we stayed the shortest period last time in Canada(for 5days), do I need to put that as a answer of the question I stated above? does the time matter?

1. Just tell the truth. Living together for 5 days is not too important though.

Please click the link below for additional information.

---------
    Carl Shusterman, Esq.
    Former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82)
    Board Certified Immigration Attorney (1986 - Present)
    Subscribe to our Free Immigration Newsletter
    600 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 1550
    Los Angeles, CA 90017
    (213) 394-4554 x0
    Web: www.shusterman.com (English)
    www.inmigracion-abogado.com (Spanish)

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

2. Some couples, such as yourselves, don't cohabitate for valid reasons. It doesn't mean that the marriage isn't real. Just make sure to provide plenty if documentation to prove that it is.

The information offered is general in nature and not meant to be relied upon as legal advice. Please consult an attorney prior to making legal decisions. Visit us at www.tunitskylaw.com. Contact us at 713.335.5505 or email at veronica@tunitskylaw.com. Veronica Tunitsky offers in-person, as well as telephone and email consultations.

3. As Mr. Shusterman points out ... put the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth.

If it was only 5 days ... that is all you can put down.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship.

Form I-130 (alien relative) topics