I have a question regarding I-130

Asked over 1 year ago - Claremore, OK

In the Form I-130, there is a question number 20 in section C which states that "if filing for husband/wife, give last address where you lived together". I am a US citizen and filing for my husband who resides in Canada. We are married for 1 year. we never got the chance to stay together for longer time because of my study and the process of my citizenship this year in USA and my husband's job in Canada. we stayed together sevaral times for several periods. But even though we stayed the shortest period last time in Canada(for 5days), do I need to put that as a answer of the question I stated above? does the time matter?

1. Carl Michael Shusterman

Pro

12

1

Answered . Just tell the truth. Living together for 5 days is not too important though.

Please click the link below for additional information.

---------
    Carl Shusterman, Esq.
    Former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82)
    Board Certified Immigration Attorney (1986 - Present)
    Subscribe to our Free Immigration Newsletter
    600 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 1550
    Los Angeles, CA 90017
    (213) 394-4554 x0
    Web: www.shusterman.com (English)
    www.inmigracion-abogado.com (Spanish)

2. Veronica Tunitsky

1

Answered . Some couples, such as yourselves, don't cohabitate for valid reasons. It doesn't mean that the marriage isn't real. Just make sure to provide plenty if documentation to prove that it is.

3. F. J. Capriotti III

1

Answered . As Mr. Shusterman points out ... put the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth.

If it was only 5 days ... that is all you can put down.