I have a question regarding F-1 Visa please..

Asked about 1 year ago - San Diego, CA

I am 17 years old from China and I am on B-2 visa. I am planning on changing my status to F-1. My school offers the following programs: English as a second language and hotel management.
What are my best chances for my change of status to get approved and get the F-1? Shall I go for "English" or "Hotel Management"? or both?

1. Habib Hasbini

2

Best Answer

Answered . Put both, also contact and attorney to make sure you are on the right track.

Law Offices of Hasbini 619-200.8986. Free on phone and in office consultation. http://www.sandiegoemploymentlawyer.net
  2. J Charles Ferrari

3

Answered . The chances of being approved depend on the consular officer being convinced that you will not remain in the US.

3. Giacomo Jacques Behar

Pro

3

Answered . Your chances of approval are directly dependent upon the consular officers belief that you will not want to remain in the US after the conclusion of your studies, as well as your ability to support yourself during your studies.

4. Jeff L. Khurgel

Pro

3

Answered . Discuss this with your school's DSO. Interview several schools, if you haven't already. Either option might work if the qualifications are there. In order to change status, your "immigrant intent" will be reviewed.

5. Brian Haksoon Lee

3

Answered . Assuming you want to change your status from B-2 to F-1 in the U.S., you should go with your education goal and try to explain it in your application. In other words, you should go with whichever that would make your intent to study more convincing. You should consult an immigration attorney to avoid any problem that may arise due to lack of knowledge and experience in preparing a change of status application.

This is general information, not legal advice. This does not establish any attorney client relationship.
  6. Adebayo Olusegun Adesina

3

Answered . Your likelihood of success is directly related to your ability to convince the consular officer that you do not plan to remain in the U.S. after you complete your studies and your financial ability to care for yourself while you are in school. Good luck!

7. Alexander M. Ivakhnenko

1

Answered . Discuss your plan with the school DSO and corroborate the submission with all required documents for better chance of approval.