I have a question regarding DWI cases. Can I ask someone here for advice?

Asked over 1 year ago - San Antonio, TX

My husband got 2 dwi's over 4 years ago. Completed everything required honorably. Was given a case for possession under 1 gram a while later, completed and honored all of this as well except for the fact that he was on his last month of probation and was arrested for a DWI because of refusal to blow. He was MTR on the possession and sentenced 2 years. 6 mnths for the MTR and the rest for DWI since he accepted that deal. My attny is very busy but what do you think we are looking at he was taken on monday to county (last monday) and he is still there. is it possible for him to fall under the 1244a or b?

1. Thomas Harlan Swain

Pro

3

1

Best Answer

Answered . All off that would have been done at or before sentencing. Also, a 3rd DWI is a 3rd degree felony, so 12.44 would not be applicable.

2. Macy Michelle Jaggers

Pro

5

Answered . I don't understand your question. I thought you said he was already sentenced?

3. Jodi Soyars

Pro

4

Answered . Your fact pattern is confusing. IF SENTENCING HAS ALREADY HAPPENED AND If he was sentenced to pen time, and he has no prior pen trips, then he might be able to apply for shock probation. If sentencing has not already occurred, then there are more options available to him. However, based on your fact pattern it is not clear what is actually going on.