I have a question on how a 730 report is used or referred to in a court order.

We had a 730 in the 730 the evaluator recommended that efforts should be made to allow me to have more time beyond the custody order when possible. The court adopted the 730 report and then court orders were made on our visitation etc. I have asked father numerous times to have more time with our son, and he always denies it. He says its not in the court orders itself that he doesnt have to let me have more time. I mean I cant even get three hours after school if I am in town and dont have to work out of town that day. How does this work? We have in court records 730 is adopted, and then we have visitation schedule but the extra time when possible was stated specifically in the report adopted. Are there grounds to go back to judge to say father isnt following orders or report?

Temecula, CA -

Richard Forrest Gould-Saltman

Richard Forrest Gould-Saltman

Child Custody Lawyer - Los Angeles, CA

Although it's difficult to provide a precise answer without reviewing the actual order, it sounds like what you may need to do is to file a request to change the custody orders, based on (a) the recccomendation of the evaluator and (b) your ex's refusal to follow the evaluator's directions. You should definitely review ALL the facts with an experienced family law attorney.

Stephen Ross Cohen

Stephen Ross Cohen

Family Law Attorney - Rancho Palos Verdes, CA

Many orders specify times and it sounds like your order should be based upon when you are available due to the nature of your employment. Yes you will have to go back to court to get a more flexible plan as the cp is being a jerk.

Related Advice