I have a question about my chapter 7 reorganization

I have a very complicated BK case and I am trying to figure out how I can stay in my home

Newport, RI -

Matthew Erik Johnson

Matthew Erik Johnson

Bankruptcy Attorney - Seattle, WA

A chapter 7 is not a "reorganization", a Chapter 13 and Chapter 11 for businesses are "reorganizations".

If you file for a Chapter 13 bankruptcy you can set up a payment plan which must include the principal loan on your home and if you can afford it, you can probably keep your home. If you cannot make the payments, it might be better to let the home go and file under Chapter 7 if you fall under the means test.

Contact a local attorney to talk over the details in depth

Peter Walter Weston

Peter Walter Weston

Bankruptcy Attorney - Bellaire, TX

Having a complicated case, is a good reason to have a bankruptcy attorney assist you.

As my colleagues have said, chapter 7 is not a reorganization.
Either you get current and keep current, and decide whether or not to reaffirm the mortgage, or you need much more assistance.

Robert A. Stumpf

Robert A. Stumpf

Bankruptcy Attorney - Staten Island, NY

Chapter 7 is not a reorganization, it's a liquidation, not by any means the same thing.

You need to speak to an attorney if your case is complicated, and even if it isn't. Are you current on your mortgage payments? That is the key factor, I think though.

Carl P DeLuca

Carl P DeLuca

Bankruptcy Attorney - Warwick, RI

The RI Bankruptcy Court has an excellent Loss Mitigation Program that is designed to help you keep your home. Please feel free to contact me or any experienced attorney to discuss your situation. 401 732-4420.

Dorothy G Bunce

Dorothy G Bunce

Chapter 7 Bankruptcy Attorney - Las Vegas, NV

As long as you can describe your question in 4,000 characters or less, you may ask us the question. Just don't try to use legal terminology you don't understand or you will receive replies that say your question doesn't make sense. It is okay to be human with a lawyer & use everyday language.

Hope this perspective helps!

Michael Curtis Greenberg

Michael Curtis Greenberg

Speeding / Traffic Ticket Lawyer - Camden, NJ

Please consult with a local bankruptcy attorney.

Related Advice