I have a question about I-130 Petition for alien relative and visiting USA while waiting for the documents

Mondovi, WI |

My Petition was approved and now i have to collect the documents and to fill in the Application For Immigrant Visa and Alien Registration Forms DS-230 Part I and Part II. next step is to send all the documents to the national visa center and to wait for the interview. i was told that this process (until the date of interview) will take 3 months or a bit more. Can i come and visit USA while these 3 months of waiting? Is it legal that my father who lives in Chicago and is a citizen of USA would send me an Invitation. I want to go to the Usa for a month in summer, but we don't know what to do.
thank you!

If an application for an immigrant visa (a "Green Card") has not yet been filed, then the beneficiary of an approved I-130 petition may succeed in getting a B-2 visitor's visa if he/she is able to persuade the immigration authorities that he/she will enter the U.S. temporarily and then return abroad. This may be very challenging and perhaps impossible for a person whose father is a U.S. citizen and who is the beneficiary of an approved I-130.

[Note: Consistent with Avvo policy, this communication is intended as general information and not specific legal advice, and this communication does not create an attorney-client relationship.]

David N. Soloway
Frazier, Soloway & Poorak, P.C.
1800 Century Place, Suite 100
Atlanta, Georgia 30345 www.fspklaw.com
404-320-7000 * 1-877-232-5352 * dsoloway@fspklaw.com