I have a question about deferred action and advanced parole

Santa Rosa, CA |

i have had the deffered action for childhood arrivals for a while and even though i cant travel to mexico just like that i have had contact with family down there and recently my grandmother hasn't been feeling to well i have been reading that in order to apply for advanced parole you need proof of documents of the purpose of travel, what documents would be needed for me to be approved? and what are my chances of getting approved and how long?

When on DACA you can only obtain an advance parole IF:
1. Life threatenig Medical Emergency to a parent abroad, and can prove it (ailing grand parent I'm Mexico does not qualify) OR:
2.. "Cultural or study" purpose - I.e. enrolling in a semester or more of studies abroad, in one's academic field of study.
Once allowed to depart on AP, when returning (whenever, for up to a year ), you'll be readmitted as a "parolee" and will,be able to apply for a green card in the US once you marry your high school sweet heart who happens to be a US citizen..

Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.