I have a question about being sued for child support

Naples, FL |

I dont have Parental Rights to said minor child

1. You don't appear to have asked a question here, so it's hard to give an answer. (Please see this Guide: www.avvo.com/legal-guides/ugc/five-tips-for-how-to-ask-for-legal-advice-on-avvocom .)

It is possible for a parent to have to pay child support for a child even after their parental rights have been revoked.

Please read the following notice: <br> <br> Jay Bodzin is licensed to practice law in the State of Oregon and the Federal District of Oregon, and cannot give advice about the laws of other jurisdictions. All comments on this site are intended for informational purposes only, and do not constitute legal advice or create an attorney-client relationship. No posts or comments on this site are in any way confidential. Each case is unique. You are advised to have counsel at all stages of any legal proceeding, and to speak with your own lawyer in private to get advice about your specific situation. <br> <br> Jay Bodzin, Northwest Law Office, 2075 SW First Avenue, Suite 2J, Portland, OR 97201 | Telephone: 503-227-0965 | Facsimile: 503-345-0926 | Email: jay@northwestlawoffice.com | Online: www.northwestlawoffice.com

2. You need not have parental rights or time sharing rights with a child to have a child support obligation. If you have been ordered to pay child support and you wish to establish your parental rights with the child/ren then you will need to file a Petition to Establish Paternity and Related Relief. My legal guide regarding this type of matter may be of interest to you and can be found here:

http://www.avvo.com/attorneys/33401-fl-daniel-bachert-1247945/guides.html

Sincerely,

Daniel Bachert, Esq.
    The Bachert Law Firm, P.A.
    330 Clematis Street, Suite 222
    West Palm Beach, Florida 33401
    (561) 653-3951
    Palm-Beach-Divorces.com

Please be aware and advised that this public forum is designed to provide only general information, to give you a basis of legal knowledge. This public forum does not give you attorney-client privilege. You and I have not entered into an attorney-client relationship. I am not responsible for your legal rights and this answer is based solely on the information you have provided in your question and as always, I would advise that you arrange for an in person consultation with an attorney from my firm or another Family Law attorney familiar with Florida Family Law who can analyze the specific facts and circumstances of your case more closely to better advise you.

3. You have not supplied enough facts to receive a meaningful answer in this forum. You may want to repost, making it clear as to whether your rights were taken away or you surrendered them and whether or not there is a court order regarding child support and who (i.e. mother, Department of Revenue, some other party, etc.) is suing you for child support.

Eileen D. Jacobs, Esq.
    Office: 2505 W. Virginia Avenue
    Tampa, FL 33607
    (813) 877-9600
    (813) 877-1500 (fax)
    Mailing: P.O. Box 14953
    Clearwater, Florida 33766-4953
    (727) 787-6595

4. I agree with my colleague, there actually is no question asked here. However, if you have not established your parental rights you are still on the hook for child support. If they have been terminated as a matter of law, then that is a different story.

I am happy to discuss you case, if you want to contact my office (239) 732-6631.

Child support topics