I have a question about being sued for child support

Asked over 1 year ago - Naples, FL

I dont have Parental Rights to said minor child

Attorney answers (4)

  1. Daniel A. Bachert

    Contributor Level 14


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . You need not have parental rights or time sharing rights with a child to have a child support obligation. If you have been ordered to pay child support and you wish to establish your parental rights with the child/ren then you will need to file a Petition to Establish Paternity and Related Relief. My legal guide regarding this type of matter may be of interest to you and can be found here:



    Daniel Bachert, Esq.
    The Bachert Law Firm, P.A.
    330 Clematis Street, Suite 222
    West Palm Beach, Florida 33401
    (561) 653-3951

    Please be aware and advised that this public forum is designed to provide only general information, to give you a... more
  2. Eileen D. Jacobs

    Contributor Level 14


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . You have not supplied enough facts to receive a meaningful answer in this forum. You may want to repost, making it clear as to whether your rights were taken away or you surrendered them and whether or not there is a court order regarding child support and who (i.e. mother, Department of Revenue, some other party, etc.) is suing you for child support.

    Eileen D. Jacobs, Esq.
    Office: 2505 W. Virginia Avenue
    Tampa, FL 33607
    (813) 877-9600
    (813) 877-1500 (fax)
    Mailing: P.O. Box 14953
    Clearwater, Florida 33766-4953
    (727) 787-6595

  3. James W Chandler


    Contributor Level 14


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . I agree with my colleague, there actually is no question asked here. However, if you have not established your parental rights you are still on the hook for child support. If they have been terminated as a matter of law, then that is a different story.

    I am happy to discuss you case, if you want to contact my office (239) 732-6631.

  4. Jay Bodzin

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . You don't appear to have asked a question here, so it's hard to give an answer. (Please see this Guide: www.avvo.com/legal-guides/ugc/five-tips-for-how... .)

    It is possible for a parent to have to pay child support for a child even after their parental rights have been revoked.

    Please read the following notice:

    Jay Bodzin is licensed to practice law in the State of Oregon and... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

23,079 answers this week

2,962 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

23,079 answers this week

2,962 attorneys answering