I have a question? i had a Epidural done nine years ago and now i have to get nerve back injection in my back.

Whiteville, NC |
Filed under: Pain and suffering

what can you tell me what to do about this? and what should i do? i got it done when i was 20 years old and i have been having back problems since then can you help me. thank you

Your options may diminished due to the passing of time. You should consult with a local personal injury attorney immediately and see if there is any way you can still bring any claims. You can find a qualified attorney on AVVO.

AVVO DISCLAIMER I am licensed in Minnesota only and my answers on Avvo assume Minnesota law. The answers I provide are for general information only and are NOT INTENDED AS LEGAL ADVICE and therefore must not be relied upon. Legal advice must be based on the interaction between an attorney and client and specific exact facts and the law. I do not retain clients without a signed RETAINER AGREEMENT. The Avvo forum does not allow for the discussion and the interaction necessary to form a complete legal analysis. Therefore the answers given to any specific question would most likely be different if there was attorney-client interaction. The exchange of information through this forum does not establish such an attorney client relationship. An attorney-client relationship is established only by personal and direct consultation with me followed by the execution of a written attorney-client agreement signed by each of us. The communications on this website are not privileged nor are they confidential and I assume no duty to anyone by my participation on Avvo or because I have answered or commented on a question. All legal proceedings involve deadlines and statutory time limiting statutes. So that legal rights are not lost for failure to timely take appropriate action and because I do not provide legal advice in the answers to any question, if you are an interested party you should promptly and personally consult with an qualified attorney for legal advice licensed in the proper jurisdiction. Finally, see Avvo's terms and conditions of use, specifically item 9, incorporated by this reference.

In your state, a lawsuit must be filed within 3 years of the act or omission giving rise to the injury, or within 2 years of the date of discovery, to a maximum of 4 years following the date of the act or omission.

I strongly believe that the statute of limitations has long since passed. However, since I am a California attorney who is unfamiliar with the laws of NC you should check with a local NC personal injury attorney to review the facts of your procedure & advise you if anything can still be done.

This is not intended to be legal advise or as legal representation. I am a California personal injury attorney . Be aware that every state has its own statute of limitations; and statutes & case laws that govern the handling of these matters.

The statute of limitations has most likely run on your claim. However, to be certain, I would recommend you contact a medical malpractice attorney in your area. Good luck.

Recommended articles about Personal injury