I have a question, I am a renter and have lived in the same house for 13 almost 14 years, in this time i've had the same carpet

Dayton, OH |

I have a question, I am a renter and have lived in the same house for 13 almost 14 years, in this time i've had the same carpet and tiles and paint!! Isn't the landlord supposed to come in and repaint and do the carpet every so many years? He has came and fixed the bathroom a few times because everytime the tub starts falling in again........... Now he has gotten a new girlfriend and she is always on me about my rent but he hasnt fixed this house in so long is that fair? Is there somthing i can do i feel like im being ran over cause i believe my house should be in better condition after 13 years i dont even feel like i should be paying this much now

1. While landlords to have to abide by applicable health, building and safety codes and keep the apartment in a "fit and habitable condition," there is no Ohio law that makes a landlord replace carpet or repaint walls.

If you think you're paying too much in rent, explain this to your landlord. Ask him/her to replace carpet and repaint walls. If your landlord refuses, move out.

Disclaimer: This does not constitute legal advice. No attorney-client relationship has been formed through this answer.