I have a question - my employer shared one the most confidential information with my spouse which is against policy

Hi, My employer shared one the most confidential information with my spouse which is against my employers policy, I have all documentation which shows unknowing policy is voilated. Can I sue my employer? Thanks in advance.

Saint Louis, MO -

Ronald Jay Eisenberg

Ronald Jay Eisenberg

Litigation Lawyer - Chesterfield, MO

You could consider a claim for public disclosure of private information but would face an uphill battle.

Rixon Charles Rafter III

Rixon Charles Rafter III

Litigation Lawyer - Fairfax, VA

Your are wanting to know if you can sue your employer for violating the employers own policy? I doubt it. That said, depends largely on what the information was and what if any privileges or duties exist between you and your employer.