I have a question - my employer shared one the most confidential information with my spouse which is against policy

Saint Louis, MO |

Hi,
My employer shared one the most confidential information with my spouse which is against my employers policy, I have all documentation which shows unknowing policy is voilated. Can I sue my employer? Thanks in advance.

Your are wanting to know if you can sue your employer for violating the employers own policy? I doubt it. That said, depends largely on what the information was and what if any privileges or duties exist between you and your employer.

NOT LEGAL ADVICE. FOR EDUCATION AND INFORMATION ONLY. Mr. Rafter is licensed to practice before the state and federal courts in Virginia. There is no implied or actual attorney-client relationship arising from this education exchange. You should speak with an attorney licensed in your state, to whom you have provided all the facts before you take steps that may impact your legal rights. Mr. Rafter is under no obligation to answer subsequent emails or phone calls related to this matter.

You could consider a claim for public disclosure of private information but would face an uphill battle.

My comments are general in nature, are not legal advice as to your specific issue, and do not establish an attorney-client relationship. Disregard this solicitation if you have already engaged a lawyer in connection with the legal matter referred to in this solicitation. You may wish to consult your lawyer or another lawyer instead of me. The exact nature of your legal situation will depend on many facts not known to me at this time. You should understand that the advice and information in this solicitation is general and that your own situation may vary. This statement is required by rule of the Supreme Court of Missouri.