I have a psychotic neighbor that's been vandalizing our car! What can I do?!

Asked over 1 year ago - Los Angeles, CA

8 mos ago this creep woke up half our apt bldg at 3:30am! we told him to STFU and he's been harassing us ever since - mostly small stuff, but it's escalating! started out w/nails in the tires, then he threw some smelly piss on it, which washed off fairly quickly; but now, he's crossed the lines into felony land - he broke into the car w/a slim jim, opened the bk door, lifted the bk carpet and soaked the carpet w/the same nasty smelling piss! It's ruined the carpet and needs to be replaced - damage is now well over $500. I'd like to catch this creep and watch him marched off to jail! There's a video tape that he tampered with! We just need to prove it! Any advice??

1. Stuart Gregory Steingraber

1

1

Answered . Does the management have any video surveillance cameras? If so, you can get them to position the camera on your carport and get evidence that way. You also need to make a police report and tell them who you think is doing this stuff. If they visit his apartment, that may scare him off. If not, you can file a small claims case for your damages, but the court will require PROOF that the neighbor did the damage. Your suspicions about him will be insufficient.

2. Nicholas Basil Spirtos

Answered . Contact the police. You may need to get some proof that he is the one doing this. Set up your own video camera somewhere that he can't see it or interfere with it. If you catch him on tape, then you will have your proof.