Skip to main content

I have a property in Florida. Someone has falsely and without merritt , file a lien against it. How do I get it removed?

Charlotte, NC |

How do I challenge this lien?

Attorney Answers 1

  1. If the lien is truly false and without merit, a lawsuit for slander of title and/or to quiet title will be required. These cases are highly technical. Needless to say, you should consult an experienced real estate litigation attorney.

    This answer does not create an attorney-client relationship. Please review my website for further information at

Real estate topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

An attorney can help.

Post a question and get free legal advice from attorneys.

Ask a Lawyer

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics