I have a probationary driver's license and if I have reckless driving ticket as a first offense what will be the punishment?

Union, NJ |
Filed under: Criminal defense

I was driving my friend's car and I accidentally turned into an oncoming traffic lane but I than immediallty parked in a lot, but I also believe the traffic camera got a picture of it .. What should I do?

Traffic cameras are equipped to catch drivers running red lights. I doubt they're much use for anything else. My advice to you is to not discuss this incident with anyone, and that includes here or any other Internet forum or message board. If you get a summons, see an attorney. It's unlikely they can prove anything.

You would have to wait and see if you receive a ticket. If you do, do not admit to anything and consult a lawyer. Do not go to Court without a lawyer.

IMPORTANT: Mr. Murray's response is NOT legal advice and does NOT create an attorney-client relationship. You should NOT rely on this response. Mr. Murray's response was generated without conducting a full inquiry as would occur during an attorney-client consultation. It is likely that the response above may be made less accurate, or become entirely inaccurate, as you, i.e. the questioner, disclose additional facts that should only be discussed during a private attorney-client consultation. I strongly recommend that you consult an attorney who is licensed to practice law in your state (or, in the case of immigration law, an attorney in ANY state), whereupon all relevant facts will be discussed. All responses posted by Mr. Murray on Avvo.com are intended as general information for the education of the public, and not for any specific individual. For persons located in New Jersey: To the extent that Mr. Murray's profile can be considered an advertisement in New Jersey, which is denied, be advised that NO ASPECT OF THIS ADVERTISEMENT HAS BEEN APPROVED BY THE SUPREME COURT OF NEW JERSEY. Furthermore, the selection methodology for the SuperLawyers' "Rising Stars" awards is set forth at length at this website: http://www.superlawyers.com/about/selection_process.html.

No news is good news - wait to see if you even receive a citation - if so contact a local traffic ticket attorney

This is not intended to be legal advise or as legal representation. I am a California personal injury attorney . Be aware that every state has its own statute of limitations; and statutes & case laws that govern the handling of these matters.

A 5 point ticket would cause problems with MVC. However I doubt the camera will generate such a ticket. Even so there is no witness.

In the unlikely event you were charged with reckless driving you would most likely get a suspension and/or surcharge from the MVC.

But like counsel state above - highly unlikely that the State can make their case. Good luck.